- A 4.2km linear route featuring a combination of urban and rural landscapes, following the path of the Ulster Canal.
- Trail Grade: Class 2, Easy. Generally flat trail with even surface and some gentle slopes. Suitable for infrequent cyclists and family groups. Normal footwear can be worn.
- No categorised climbs. Total ascent: 33m
- Caution: The route features some road crossings, therefore supervision of children is recommended.
- Signs and road markings featuring the Ulster Canal Greenway logo are provided along the route.
- Distance: 4.2km, which can be walked in an estimated time of 45 minutes by average users. Those who wish to walk further can continue along the Threemilehouse Road by footpath to nearby Rossmore Forest Park
- Terrain underfoot: Mainly compacted gravel. Concrete/ tarmac on some urban sections
- GPS for start point: 268119, 335044
- Feedback: We welcome feedback and photos from our users. Please contact us at email@example.com
- Emergencies: In the event of an emergency, phone 112 or 999
- Bike repairs: The nearest bike shop is Monaghan Hire, on the Dublin road. Tel 047 74444
Due to the urban nature of some sections of the Greenway, the route uses footpaths and cycle lanes which are not sectioned off from vehicular traffic. Therefore it is strongly advised that children are accompanied by an adult on these sections.